Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Inconvenience creates Opportunity

Last Friday I decided to wash my car. I had to move it out of the carport in order to do this, and when I was finished drying the car, I moved it back into place.

Well the day was quiet, and I had been invited to attend World Hope Celebration Dinner. I had to get all dressed up, and went to my car about 6pm, allowing enough time to get through downtown and to the Hotel.

I was planning on meeting new people and finding new clients and had everything ready. As I started my car, it refused to turn over!

I could have chosen to not pursue attending the dinner, just give up and stay in for the night. But I sensed I would have given in to what the Enemy wanted. I called the person who invited me, and as plans went well, she was able to find someone on their way to pick me up. We had a great time, fellowship, and good networking (and free dinner)!

The next couple of days also presented inconvenience; I had to rely on others to pick me up and take me to the store, church and anywhere else I thought I needed to go. I was planning to be without a car for several days. I thought the problem was serious.

Well, without my own car, I was not able to choose the church I wanted to attend. I was at the mercy of a friend. God allowed me to make new potential client connections and I was blessed with a free lunch today!

The best part of my car not working, is that the Lord told me what the problem was, and with input from friends, I was able to fix it myself. Money that I was stressing over having to be spent was saved!

God is so good. So when we think we're inconvenienced, we have opportunity and something to give Him praise about!

No comments:

Post a Comment