Monday, August 22, 2011

Let's have a Praising Party!

In reading about giving God praise for things, in our carnal way of thinking, we would not do it for bad things we've done or things that happened to us.

However, I'm learning that praising God for bad things allows Him to move and bless us beyond our imaginations.  One thing it does is take the focus off of ourselves and the situation.

Here's a personal example: a couple of nights ago, as I was in bed about to fall asleep, He very clearly said, "You have not given Me praise for being violated."  I agreed with Him, but I wasn't willing to praise Him at the time.  I did get up and write down what He said, and changing my thoughts about things that happen to myself and others.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 - "In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

Isaiah 61:3 - "...the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;"

Isaiah 55:8 - "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord."

How about you.... can you find something bad to sincerely praise God for in your life?  I'd love to hear from you.  If we get enough responses, I might consider putting a booklet together.

Blessings for your week!

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment